Join The A Team – We have a vacancy
Location: Stockport base – National role
Vacancy: Project Quantity Surveyor
Full time: 40hrs/ week
Salary: up to £50k – dependent on Experience
Benefits: Car Allowance + Pension + 25 days holiday
IMAGINE… waking up every morning inspired to grow, be excellent, and make a positive impact. That is what we do, and we need your help!
SMC Premier Group Limited is one of the fastest growing Building Services and Facilities Management businesses in the UK. We have been delivering service excellence to our clients for over 38 years and we are looking for A-Team players to join us on our fabulous journey. As Project Quantity Surveyor you will take accountability for the development and implementation of all pre and post contract commercial strategies, functions and reporting on Construction Projects across the UK.
You are the SUPERSTAR we are looking for if…
- You are HUNGRY to learn, grow & continually improve.
- You are flexible and resilient when faced with rapid-fire demands.
- You aren’t afraid to voice your own opinions to make something better.
- You enjoy helping people and meeting their needs in creative ways.
- You are proactive, forward-thinking, and “think on your feet.”
- You have high standards for your own and others’ work.
- You are a highly motivated self-starter and a quick learner.
What you will do:
- Be responsible for the financial and commercial performance of your projects.
- Work alongside the project delivery team to manage the commercial aspects of sub-contract and supplier accounts from procurement to final account agreement including
- Preparing Bill of Quantities, issuing of sub-contractor tender enquiries, evaluation of sub-contractor quotations, preparing formal sub-contract Agreements, and measurement of works undertaken on site.
- Convening and attending sub-contractor pre-contract and contract review meetings
- Agree contract valuations to maximise project value and optimize cash flow while facilitating the best relationships with our sub-contractors and suppliers
- Provide accurate reports/ information, risk management and undertake effective management of change control/ variations.
- Be accountable for the confirmation and implementation of all contractual and commercial arrangements with clients including preparing and submitting applications for payment.
- Advise client on any cost implications of suggested variations to work methods, materials, timing, size and quality of the project to ensure that each is recorded, agreed and is reconciled with our project cost plan.
- Develop and maintain an effective customer relationship with integrity at all times
- Aid the Project Manager in selection, planning, monitoring and development of all commercial contracts with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Always act as an ambassador for SMC Premier including being professional, ethical and inclusive at all times in accordance with the Company’s vision and values.
Desired Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- HND or Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in a similar role in large M&E or Construction Contracts (£2m-£10m).
- Excellent knowledge of M&E installation techniques and processes and have worked on large schemes in healthcare, education, retail and commercial sectors.
- Strong knowledge of NEC, JCT and other forms of contract
- Extensive experience of commercial management and procurement of subcontractors along with the ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting and earned value analysis.
- hold a valid CSCS card
- In depth knowledge and understanding Bill of Quantities for M&E packages
- Be able to plan and monitor workload to meet deadlines and work autonomously
- Excellent organisation skills for yourself and others
- Diligent, driven and tenacious approach with the resilience to overcome challenges
- Strong commercial awareness to take responsibility for managing contracts’ costs and budgets as well as the procurement and management of sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, self-managing by continually assessing changing priorities to meet desired outcome
- Effective interpersonal credibility, communication and IT/MS Office/ MS Project skills
- Hold current UK Driving License
- Be willing to travel anywhere in the UK and be based on site as and when the job requires
Advantageous Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Set up or improved Project cost management processes
- Deep understanding of healthcare projects cost & delivery
- M & E technical understanding
- Construction Manager Software use
If you want to join our A-Team please send your CV and a cover letter to jointheAteam@smcpremier.co.uk
SMC Premier Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
No agencies please