Join The A Team – We have a vacancy
Location: Stockport, Manchester
Vacancy: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Full time: 37.5hrs/ week
Salary: Up to £22k – dependent on Experience/ Qualifications
IMAGINE… waking up every morning inspired to grow, be excellent, and make a positive impact. That is what we do, and we need your help!
SMC Premier Group Limited is one of the fastest growing Building Services and Facilities Management businesses in the UK. We have been delivering service excellence to our clients for over 38 years and we are looking for A-Team players to join us on our fabulous journey.
You are the SUPERSTAR we are looking for if…
- You are HUNGRY to learn, grow & become better every day.
- You are flexible and resilient when faced with rapid-fire demands on your attention. • You are often described as caring and a great listener by your friends and family. • You aren’t afraid to voice your own opinions to make something better. • You enjoy helping people and meeting their needs in creative ways.
- You are proactive, forward-thinking, and “think on your feet.”
- You have high standards for your work.
- You are a highly motivated self-starter and a quick learner.
- You have a “figure it out” attitude about any new project or task you haven’t done before.
What you will do:
- Supporting the operational divisions in administration and processing of invoices, sales ledger, purchase ledger and expenses collation & input
- Ensure timely input of purchase invoices into Sage 50
- Resolve and clear PO / invoice queries on a timely basis, liaising with all relevant departments where required
- Prepare payment runs for authorisation
- Pro-actively manage Client accounts reducing overdue payments
- Reconcile and close ledgers at month end
- Supplier statement reconciliations on a regular basis
- Work closely with the Finance Manager
- Dealing with supplier queries via email and on the telephone
- Ad hoc duties as required to support the business
- Analysing data for financial or operational purposes
Desired Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified by experience or qualified AAT or similar
- High levels of commitment and enthusiasm
- Ability to work accurately at speed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a diverse team
- Strong IT Skills
- Experience of Sage Line 50 is essential
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Word
- Meticulous attention to detail, with excellent spelling and grammar skills o excellent organisation skills
- Diligent and tenacious approach to achieving tight deadlines
- Self-managing by continually assessing changing priorities and amending own work plan accordingly
- Effective interpersonal skills within a team environment
Advantageous Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of Construction, Project Management Services