Advice On Hygiene & Cleanliness in the Workplace To Stop The Spread Of Coronavirus
After the shocking revelations from our office hygiene study which revealed that 49% of office workers do not wash their hands after going to the bathroom, and the recent news about the continual spread of Coronavirus, we want to provide expert advice to business owners and office workers in order to stop contamination (and remain hygienic in the workplace).
Recommended Procedures For Business Owners & Staff
- Ensure your team is armed with all the support they need to operate in a safe working environment, whilst working with local authorities and following local guidance in regards to mitigating the spread of infection.
- Display guidance notes from the World Health Organisation (WHO) in your workplace to reinforce the importance of hygiene and cleanliness to your staff.
- Regularly sanitise high-frequency touchpoints like doors, door handles, common areas, meeting rooms, reception, shelves, glass panels, kitchen cupboards and furniture to minimise risk.
- Frequently and thoroughly clean hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water.
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough.
- Avoid greetings that include physical contact e.g. handshakes.
- If you suspect you have the virus, seek immediate medical assistance.
The below links and articles offer further advice from the NHS, government, authorities on health and also answer the more common questions asked by the general public.
Latest GOV information and advice:
Commonly Asked Questions:
Note: Our team can also assist via visits to your office for the purposes of providing a deep clean. Please contact the team on 0161 282 6444 to discuss further and find out whether the types of deep cleaning services we provide are right for your office or business.